Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy list

I have decided to put my happy list on this blog for anyone to follow.  I have been battling depression and it was suggested that I make a list of things to do when I get depressed.  It took me a long time to come up with this list because I have gotten so blue that I didn't think anything would make me better.  But I started doing this list thing a few months ago and surprisingly it's worked.  I have to push myself very hard to do these things because these are mainly things I do when I'm happy. But, I've learned that sometimes it's good to push yourself out of the hole and try to make things at least seem better than they are.  It's not always a bad thing to lie to yourself is it? It's also very good for distracting yourself and I have found that this is a list that changes my environment and makes it more upbeat.  I have found that it's not becoming a distraction to do these things, it's become something that makes me feel fulfilled and more content.  Dare I say a little happy?!  For all of you reading this out there, just in case your blue take some time and find little things that inspire your day. Feed your soul and let things happen naturally.  It will take some time and I'm not saying I'm cured or anything, but it makes me feel like I accomplished something great when I do a few things on the list. I have found that feeling fulfilled and valued is one of the key things that keep dark depressive feelings away.  It's one of the things I am trying to find in my life because it gives me purpose and I don't feel as directionless as before.  So please try it out and make your own and have fun with it.  Buddha says Relax!!!  :P

Steph’s Happy List
July 2011

v Watch something Funny        30 min.

v Bother Sasha and Sam                 10 min.

v Draw, Paint, Color Art               20 min.

v Listen to music and sing along    30 min.

v Research new recipes                    10 min.

v Clean, do some chores                    5 min.

v Express my feelings to someone    20 min.

v Play a game                                                  20 min.

v Sing Karaoke                                    30 min.

v Talk to someone                           10 min.

v Think about my boyfriend                                                                                                  unlimited

Ride the wave dude!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment