Friday, June 24, 2011

Double the Cheese double the love




I had a yearning for cheeseburgers the other day.  I wanted to make a gourmet hamburger I could hopefully serve to the public one day.  Yes, the dreams of a startup bistro or small restaurant still runs through my head.  Ive been making and remaking recipes to perfect them for a couple years with fam as the taste tester.  Sometimes even the cats too.  I had recipe success with these burgers and I am damn proud of myself.  Even my family, which is hard to please loved them too.  But we could only eat so much.  It's summer here in Las Vegas and eating a lot of food is out of the question.  It was the perfect summer food.  I should only have bought some fries or something to complement the burgers!!
Nobody made the face of death either!! Even My brother in law ate it up.  Yay!!!!!!!  so here's the recipe which I am pretty proud of.  Enjoy the oozy cheesy goodness!!!
Double Cheese Italian Burgers
Serves 4-6
1 ½ lbs ground beef
1 egg
1/3 c. Italian style breadcrumbs
6 small slices fresh mozzarella
1 T lemon pepper
2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. garlic powder
6 slices cheddar cheese

Directions
1. Place the ground beef in a large bowl with all the powders and spices. 
2. Put in breadcrumbs and egg.  Mix whole thing together with your hands
3. Put ½ c. of the mixture in your hand. Form it into a patty.  Place one slice of mozzarella in the middle.  Get ¼ c. of ground meat from the ball and place it on top.  Cover mozzarella completely and make sure you pinch the sides so cheese doesn’t leak out of the burger.
4. Place burger patties in the fridge for 15-30 minutes to firm up.
5. Put grill on medium heat.  When hot, place patties on grill and let cook.  It should take about 5 minutes When one side is cooked, you will see the sides as brown. Turn over and let cook for 3 minutes. 
6. Place slice of cheddar cheese on top and cover. Let steam melt the cheese. 
7. Place on toasted sesame seed bun with your choice of fixings.

YUMMMY CHEESE!!!!







 

No comments:

Post a Comment